|Version 2 (modified by dkg, 5 years ago) (diff)|
The kill-a-watt is a power monitoring device made by the P3 corporation.
You can get it at thinkgeek, among other places.
The model we've got is the P4400. CMRG isn't associated with the manufacturer, but it's an interesting device, and dkg wanted easy access to the instructions without relying on paper.
The buttons on the front are under the LCD display. Most of them are made of grey rubber.
From left to right, they are:
- KWH/Hour (this one is pink)
on the back of the unit, there is a sticker that says:
MODEL:P4400 KILL A WATT(TM) Max. Voltage: 125VAC 50/60Hz Max. Current: 15A Max. Power: 1875VA Serial No.: SH09328 MADE IN CHINA www.p3international.com
to the right, it also says:
C (ETL Listed) US 3039508 CONFORMS TO UL STD.UL 3111-1 CERTIFIED TO CSA STD.C22.2 NO. 1010-1
The device comes with a piece of onionskin with instructions on it. It reads:
P4400 Kill A Watt TM Operation Manual
Congratulations on your purchase of the Kill A Watt TM Power Meter. Cared for properly, this unit will provide you with years of service.
- The LCD shows all the meter readings: Volts, Current, Watts, Frequency, Power Factor, and VA. The Unit will start to accumulate KWH and powered duration time (hour) after power is applied.
- Press Volt Key for true RMS Voltage (Volts) display.
- Press Amp Key for true RMS output current (Amps) display.
- The Watt/VA Key is a toggle function key. Press the Watt/VA key once to display Watt meter, then press key to display VA meter. The LCD will display Watts as the active power, where VA is the apparent Power. (VA=Vrms Arms)
- The HZ/PF is a toggle function key. Press the HZ/PF key once to display the frequency (Hertz), then press key to display the Power Factor. HZ is the frequency of output Voltage, where PF is the Power Factor (PF=W/Vrms Arms).
- The KWH/Hour is a toggle function key. Press the KWH/Hour key once to show the cumulative energy consumption since power was applied to the unit. Then press key to display the cumulative time since power was applied to the unit.
- Consumption will be displayed in Kilowatt-Hours (from 0.01 KWH to 9999 KWH). Time will initially be displayed as Hours:Minutes (from 00:00) and switch to Hours (to 9999). Counters will recycle to zero when they reach their maximum. To reset, remove power from unit momentarily.
WARNING: Do not exceed maximum ratings as detailed on label.
If you experience difficulty in the operation of your unit, or if your unit requires repair please contact:
P3 INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION TECHNICAL SUPPORT 71 West 23rd Street Suite 1201 New York, NY 10010-4102 Tel: 212-741-7289 Fax: 212-741-2288 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org